Associate Buyer - Beauty
Plan, direct and control the area’s sales through its purchases of high quality merchandise at the most advantageous price, in order to meet and maintain merchandising standards and sales and profit objectives
Education/Certification and Continued Education
- High School in any discipline followed by qualification in Retailing or Retail Management/ Purchase/ Sales or related programs
Years of Experience
- Good knowledge and experience in the (related) industry through work experience with international principals.
- Buying experience and expertise typically gained over a period of at least 3 - 5 years
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain the return all faulty merchandise to the supplier with the accompanying red debit correctly made out to ensure the department receives a credit. Ensure that that all samples are returned to the supplier when no longer required as applicable.
- Enter the orders onto the system once the buyers returned from buying trip and ensure minimum discrepancies.
- Pay regular visits to warehouse to resolve any shipment discrepancies and delay and liaise with the suppliers in case of any variance/damage to prompt immediate corrective action.
- Maintain regular communication with suppliers as applicable. Assist with the efficient ordering delivery and payment of merchandise to reduce the likelihood of queries and problems.
- To assist the Buyer to research and select from home and abroad, the best quality merchandise suppliers have to offer at the best price to maximise sales and profit margins. In conjunction with the Buyer to control the selection of merchandise for the Sales within the agreed markdown and to reach the agreed stock level.
- Place re-orders as applicable in consultation with buyers and communicate relevant information to all relevant parties in planning and supply chain.
- Maintain accurate database of vendor agreements and forward completed vendor agreements to Merchandise Planning.
- Assist sales staff and management with customer service by placing special orders and providing information on stock availability and product knowledge.
- Consolidate buying feedback reports and provide buyers with reports and recommendations per brand portfolio
Share this job:
Be a Part of the
SIGN UP NOW
View 1 job at Al Tayer
Location: GarhoudJob Type: Full Time
Category: Merchandising & Allocation Purchasing Sales & Wholesale Stock & Supply
Apply via URL
About Al Tayer
Welcome to Al Tayer Group!
Established in 1979, we are among the most respected, successful, and dynamic companies in the Middle East. We operate nearly 200 stores in 6 countries in the region, with the head office in Dubai, UAE.
Our portfolio includes some of the world’s most prestigious and well-known retail, beauty and automotive brands, including Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Gap, Harvey Nichols, Bloomingdale’s, Aveda, Kiehl’s, Ford, Ferrari and Maserati.
Job vacancies at Al Tayer, 1 job
Subscribe to Jobs
#NoSpam – Only Jobs
Start your career today
Get headhunted by companies! Hundreds of recruiters search our database every day.
SIGN UP HERE