Buying Manager - VERSACE
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, creativity comes alive! Working as a Buying Manager you will be responsible for taking the lead in the buying strategy, OTB, & Buying activities.
- You will develop the buying team (where applicable) into assuming full responsibility of own areas of business
- Manage a complex portfolio of brands
- Demonstrate creative drive & talent in planning, selecting & buying product.
- Utilize knowledge & expertise to bring in innovative new merchandise, new concepts & potentially exclusive product to attract new customers & grow sales.
- Influence & challenge OTB creation, managing how to spend OTB.
- Analyze & interpret sales figures to make good business decisions.
- Take responsibility for gross margin, stock turn & sell thru.
- Actively participate in buys, product selection, & quantifying orders.
- Manage the sale markdown strategy & stock liquidation.
- Present the buys to management & store team.
- Work closely with marketing, vm & store teams, supply chain & e-commerce
- Demonstrate awareness of trends, global market trends & competitors.
- Own supplier relationship & communication
- Actively negotiate with suppliers on stock swaps, RTVs, markdown contribution.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5-7 years experience in a Buying or Merchandising role for premium or luxury brands
- Experience in multiple categories and RTW
- Commercial mindset, data driven, and strong analytical skills
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work in a diverse environment
- Ability to put together Buying strategy and OTB decisions
- Regional experience, preferably in the UAE market or knowledge of UAE/GCC market
- Dynamic personality complemented with an understanding and passion for fashion trends
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
Share this job:
Be a Part of the
SIGN UP NOW
View 0 jobs at Versace
Job Type: Full Time
Apply via URL
Founded in 1978 in Milan,Gianni Versace S.r.l is one of the leading international fashion design houses and a symbol of Italian luxury world-wide. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including haute couture, prèt-à-porter, accessories, jewellery, watches, eyewear, fragrances, and home furnishings all bearing the distinctive Medusa logo.
The Versace Group distributes its products through a world-wide D.O.S network which includes over 200 boutiques in the principal cities and over 1500 wholesalers worldwide.
Donatella Versace has been Artistic Director of Versace since 1997 and has steered the brand into the 21st century. Today, Versace represents its heritage through its strong and fearless designs, while addressing a new global audience which continues to strengthen Versace’s position in contemporary culture.
Job vacancies at Versace, 0 jobs
Subscribe to Jobs
#NoSpam – Only Jobs
Start your career today
Get headhunted by companies! Hundreds of recruiters search our database every day.
SIGN UP HERE